There are many resources and people on-campus who can help guide you through any conflict you are experiencing:
Can provide support when you are experiencing conflict with a roommate or someone in your residential community.
Community Standards and Conduct
Can provide you with various options for resolving the conflict.
Safety & Security
Can provide assistance if a conflict has escalated.
Can provide confidential support and guidance in the midst of a conflict.
When a Conflict Arises
It may be helpful to take some time to think about these things:
- If I were going to tell someone about the problem I am experiencing, how would describe it to them? Is that really an accurate description of what is happening?
- What might be the perspective of the other person involved in this situation?
- What emotions are impacting my reaction to the conflict at hand?
- What would be the most ideal outcome to this conflict?
- What are some ways that I can work towards a resolution that would be reasonable for everyone involved?